Saturday, April 24, 2010

My 3 year old black lab has some sort of allergy or skin disease..tried everything, now he is on ATOPICA?

So, we've tried countless medicines.. nothing seems to help him.


He itches himself all the time, and he has lost all of his hair on his neck, legs, tummy and ears...the vet doesn't seem to know how to treat it. He is currently on steriods, another medicine to prevent and kill bacteria on his skin, and now Atopica. Does anyone have any experince with Atopica and this kind of conditon with their dog??

My 3 year old black lab has some sort of allergy or skin disease..tried everything, now he is on ATOPICA?
It is a great med when it works and most the time it does work. My friend had a Saint Bernard with the problems you are talking about and Atopica is the only thing that worked. You might want to get a second opinion from another vet if this doesn't work.
Reply:First, I'm sorry to hear your baby is suffering, which can only mean, you are suffering too because as all true animal lovers know; we suffer when they suffer.





My now 7-yr. old Am.Staffordshire/Pit Bull mix baby boy Sampson, has been experiencing this problem for the last few summers, with this summer, by far, being the woarse.





I've spent several hundred dollars this year alone to get him help/cured; but, just like you and many others who are experiencing this same problem with their pets, it's an up hill battle.





Sam always got better once the warm weather left, this year, he just looks pitaful and I am doing everything I can to keep him happy. I will never give up on him, as I know we all will do right by our pets.





I wish you and anyone experiencing this problem with their pets, the very best.


No comments:

Post a Comment