Thursday, May 7, 2009

Ear problem- skin problem, allergy, or other?

For the last few months, my ears have been dry and the skin on the outer ear (the part I can see anyway) looks almost like it's shedding. I have also had on and off earwax buildup which I used hydrogen peroxide to get rid of, which fixed most of the wax problem. However, the flaky, hurting skin on the ear is still there. Sometimes it hurts when I pull on my earlobes, and most of the time they are very sensitive to touch.





I heard from a friend it might be allergies, so I started taking Benedril (sp?) and it seems to be more of a hit-and-miss, even though I've been taking it daily. At first the allergy meds helped, but after about a week, it went back to being as bad as it was. Is this a skin problem, or am I just using the wrong form of medicine (hydrogen peroxide in the ear and Benedril) to fix the allergy problem? Maybe I got "immune" to the drug after using it for a while?


Thanks,


Ben

Ear problem- skin problem, allergy, or other?
Stop the peroxide and Benadryl.


Get some hydrocortisone (over the counter) ointment.


Apply it to the affected areas twice a day for 3 days.


Then leave your ears alone.
Reply:I'm glad to have helped. Report It



No comments:

Post a Comment