Monday, November 16, 2009

My staffy has a skin allergy and I would like some advise?

My staff has got a skin alergy were she is itching her ears all the time which makes her ears bleed n she is chomping on paws all the time, I have tried using various foods and tablets from the vets but nothing seems to work, she has had blood tests from the vets but came back negative. Any advise would be helpful

My staffy has a skin allergy and I would like some advise?
Ask your vet for the recommended dose of Benedryl for the weight of your dog. My dog weighs over 100 lbs and takes 100mg of Benedryl 3 times a day to help control his skin allergies. Your vet should be able to tell you how much to give for the weight of your dog. Skin allergies in dogs is hard to fight. We have tried diet changes also. Ask your vet about pet food for allergies, but I warn you it is expensive. Good luck


No comments:

Post a Comment